Dr Gav Schneider is the Group CEO of Risk 2 Solution and is an acknowledged subject matter expert on human centric and integrated risk management. He has a broad background in business, leadership, safety and security, emergency management and incident response, with extensive senior level management and leadership experience. Dr Gav is the creator of the highly acclaimed Presilience approach which integrates risk, leadership and high performance to create great outcomes and enabled his business to make the prestigious AFR Top Ten most innovative companies for 2021.
In addition to running his own business, he has led numerous, high-level consulting and advisory projects and has two decades of Senior Leadership, Strategic, Operational & Specialised Risk Management, Cultural Change, Security and Safety experience in over 16 countries. Dr Gav also served as Program Director for the ACU’s leading program on the psychology of risk for 6 years and has personally trained many of Australis risk leaders.
Dr Gav has received numerous awards ad extensive recognition, a few highlights include:
- Fellow of the Institute of Strategic Risk Management and serves as the regional Chair for Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Risk Policy Institute
- He is also one of the very few to hold the status of being Certified Chief Risk Officer (CCRO) by the Risk Management Institute of Australasia (RMIA) and was recognised as the Risk Consultant of the Year for 2019
- He is also the only Australian to have made the prestigious IFSEC top twenty global thought Leaders and influencers list in Security for the last 4 years in a row.
- Finalist in the Outstanding Leadership Awards 2020
Education and Training
- Doctor of Criminology with specialisation in Security Risk (UNISA)
- Certificate in Disruptive Strategy (Harvard Business School)
- Master of Technology in Security and Risk Management (UNISA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (WEDC)
- Graduate Diploma in Management (Learning) & Strategic Leadership
- Advanced Diploma in Integrated Risk
Snapshot of Recent Projects
- 2021-Ongoing – Retained Special Risk Advisor to the Board of Mt Scopus Memorial College Melbourne
- 2020-2022 – Lead Consultant on the Teachers Health Risk culture change project
- 2019 – Department of Defence – Risk Appetite, Tolerance and Risk Intelligence project.
- 2019 – QLD Police Counter-Terrorism Command – Capability development and culture change project
- 2018-20: QLD Department of State Development’s Special Projects Unit – Risk Expert and Peer Reviewer to the CEO on the 3 billion Dollar Queens wharf project